Two Peas In A Bucket - Washington DC

Hey everybody!  Just wanted to share a new layout that went up in the Garden over at Two Peas In A Bucket today.  The theme in the garden this month is travel and it couldn't have come at a better time. My family and I just traveled to Washington, DC a few weeks ago for spring break, and I was excited to create a layout about our trip while all of the memories were still fresh in my mind.

 This layout is copyright Two Peas in a Bucket

For this layout I used lots of goodies from the Studio Calico Abroad collection. I also used an actual map of Washington DC that I cut down to size as the main paper of my layout. We used this map daily to navigate the different monuments and attracts so I loved the idea of including it on my actual layout. I used brads and twine to pinpoint several of the places we visited. The polaroid frames were cut from one of the Studio Calico papers and I adhered a small photo to each. Finally, I included a tag in a mini envelope behind each picture. I printed some fun facts we discovered about each location on the tags.



Supplies (click images for links):

7 comments:

Diana Waite said...

LOVE this very DETAILED layout--GORGEOUS!

Kathy Martin said...

Omg! Love this! I always buy map paper whenever I find it since my hubs loves maps. It's perfect for making him cards and it make the best background for travel pages!

janet said...

holy moly- now THAT is a layout!
Very precise and planned work.
RIGHT into my FAV folder. Thanks for sharing once again!

Linda E said...

Fabulous layout, Lynn. I have often thought of using maps and such on my pages but was aafraid to because of the acid in the paper. Is this something you worry about? Do you spray the memorabilia first? I would love to know.

Jen**SugaredSongbird** said...

Very cool layout, I love how you used the Studio Calico veneer shapes. I just purchased my first set and need to use them- I'm so inspired!

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

Thanks for sharing! my 2peas name is Characterfan