Scrapbook & Cards Today - Layout Tag!

Hi everybody!  Can you believe Scrapbook & Cards Today is turning 6 years old?  To celebrate a few of the SCT design team members got together and participated in a game of layout tag.  Never heard of layout tag?  It's almost like the game of telephone we played when we were younger.  One designer creates a layout and then passes it on to the next designer.  That designer creates a layout inspired by the one passed to them and so on and so forth.  It's always so much fun to see how the layouts evolve as they pass from one designer to the next.  I received my layout from the super talented Davinie Fiero.  This is what Davinie sent me ...


And here is the layout I created based on Davinie's layout ...


I loved Davinie's use of negative space on her die cut butterflies.  With more of a boyish theme, I took the idea of using the negative space and combined it with the circles that appeared on Davinie's layout as well.  I cut circles from my kraft cardstock base and backed them with different patterned papers.  It's a fun departure from laying patterned paper directly on top of my base cardstock.


These Bella Blvd alphabet stickers are among my favorite.  The font is so fun and as you can see they are perfect for spelling out longer titles.  A few additional stickers and brads and my layout is complete!


To see the entire layout chain be sure to visit the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog.  And of course there might just be a little giveaway involved as well so head on over there and wish them a very Happy Birthday!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (click images for links):

3 comments:

Diana Waite said...

your take looks FANTASTIC! Thanks for the inspiration today!

Ellen Porter said...

That is so cool, Lynn! I think a few years ago the Peas did that. I am tempted to start that game over there only we will start with one of your layouts I just bookmarked, then everyone can lift one of the lifts and go from there over the course of a month. Sound good?

Dumpling Recipes said...

Thanks greatt blog post