bowling party

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I had every intention of blogging yesterday but time just seemed to get away from me.  Yes it was one of THOSE Mondays.  LOL!  In any case I had a new layout go up in the Garden yesterday at Two Peas In A Bucket that I wanted to share with you.   

This layout is copyright Two Peas in a Bucket

For this layout I focused on using the new Happy Days collection by Echo Park.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE Echo Park fan.  I think I own literally every collection they've ever created.  Their patterned papers are just so much fun to work with and this collection was no exception.  I loved the bright color scheme and the retro flair of the entire collection.  I thought they were the perfect compliment to these photos of Darian at his bowling birthday party this past August. 


Since there are so many bright colors in the patterned papers from this collection I decided to use black and white photos for my two main images while I added in smaller color photos for my supporting images. I kept things really fun and playful on this layout and used lots of the die cut stickers and colorful brads as embellishments as well. The chipboard stickers I used for my title coordinate perfectly with the aqua blue on my patterned papers and I stitched them in place to add a bit of detail (and to be sure they wouldn't fall off my layout once I slipped it into my album! LOL).


And here's a peek at some of my journaling and embellishments.  You can see I used another stamp by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday (this one is from the Kids Are Cool stamp set).  I just LOVE using these stamps to add a pop of color and interest to my typewritten journaling.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)

8 comments:

Wendy Sue said...

Love this layout, Lynn! :o)

Anonymous said...

Love this layout, Lynn!
(May you never get tired of me saying that. :))

Teri

Mandie said...

totally cute!

Diana Waite said...

oh, this is just SO fun!!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Super cute layout!!!! We are having a bowling party this weekend for my 11 year old. I am so excited to see the pics you took. I wouldn't have thought to get a shot of all the balls on the rack or the pins at the end of the lane. LOVE it!!! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Kathy Martin said...

Very cool! You truly ROCKED this Echo line!

beckyjune said...

Hi, Lynn! Congrats on making the Bella Blvd team! I am excited to get to work with you again.

Suzanne said...

This is such a fun page, and I am in love with the design!! Now, I want that stamp set(;