a good day

Happy Monday!  I received my December Studio Calico kit on Friday and for the first time in a long time I dove right in.  Usually I open my kit, ooh and aah, and then set it aside to work on other assignments that I have on my "to do" list.  And eventually once my assignments are completed I think about going back to my kit, but by that time the next kit is due to arrive or I have more assignments that have found their way onto my list.  But this weekend I decided it was all about me.  I was going to scrap what I wanted when I wanted and everything else could wait until Monday morning.  It was oddly freeing.  And wonderful to play with paper just for me.

This is the first layout I completed with the kit and it was so much fun to create.  I've had these pics of the boys in NYC sitting on my computer for the last few months just waiting for the opportunity to use them.  When Basic Grey's Wander collection was released this past Summer CHA I knew they would meet up eventually.  Well this weekend they finally did.


Lots of fun goodies in the kit this month.  I'm particularly smitten with the American Crafts Mixtape.  Who knew it could be so much fun to add little bits of tape here and there?  I also purchased the Days of the Week stamps from Studio Calico and decided to use them right away.  Love how they play off my title.

Here are a few detail images ...


And my journaling.  I started putting this layout together before I really thought about where I would put my journaling.  Once I decided to use the Making Memories Ledger envelope I knew my journaling would end up in there.  And I decided to make a little closure for my envelope by simply punching circles, adding brads, and winding some floss around each.


I do actually have another layout to share tomorrow if I can get some good pics today.  It's pretty dreary and rainy and there's not much light so we'll see.  In any case thanks for stopping by!  :)

12 comments:

Kryssi said...

awesomeness. i love the creative chaos this exudes!

Denise said...

Glad you made the time to scrap what you wanted to scrap. You used the SC kit wonderfully!

jamie long said...

I those pictures.

laura vegas said...

LOVE this! and i love the idea of using the tape to hold down the stick pins. i always have issues getting them to stay put. i am SOOOOO glad i decided to order this kit. and i got the days of the week stamps too. glad you made some time to scrap just for yourself :)

Tonya said...

This is gorgeous lynn!!! Good for you for digging right in!

Christa said...

Great layout Lynn!

amytangerine said...

so fun! love the studio calico kit!

lisa truesdell said...

love this - yay for making time for some fun scrapping!!

Keshet said...

Love this! I always try to work ahead on assignments so I can play with the SC kit, because I'm always dying to crack into it!

Stacy said...

Love this layout Lynn!

Kelly Noel said...

so glad you made time to play with your SC kit! love your page!!

Jennifer Yates said...

I do the same thing Lynn! LOL! You can't get better than SC...your layout is beautiful I love all the papers together and great pics too!